Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First challenge of 2013

  I have never entered a challenge at The Use it Tuesday site so excited to try something new on the first day of the new year. The challenge was to start thinking about 2013 and to make a project using my stash.  This is super simple but meets the guidelines. I have chosen the word "intentional" as my word for 2013. One of my intentions is to journal with more purpose. So I decided to make this to get me off to a good start. The notebook is one that came in a 2 dollar grab bag at Michaels a ways back. I covered it with craft paper from the stash. When I was covering it I was transported back to my childhood when we had to cover our books for school and I used paper bags. Every stamp that I used on the project was previously uninked. The alphabet is one that was given to me from a fellow scrapper from her stash since she has gone totally digital. No telling about the butterfly and flowers. Had actually almost finished this journal when the internet went down. we were trying to figure it out what was wrong and I found the butterfly on the floor  in the alcove next to the router stand.... I love it and it makes me happy so decided that finding it was serendipity and it needed to go on the project. The first page is going to be a copy of yesterdays blog post listing the 12 things I intend to be intentional about this year.




Thanks for taking the time to visit.
 I hope for you a truly blessed 2013.
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you joined us for this challenge at UIT. This is what it's all about with us...using our stash! And you sure did! Fabulous job on the journal and I love your word, I'm a little behind in choosing mine! Intentional...hum, food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journal, so glad you joined us at Use it tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Have a Blessed Day.