Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another Simply Sunday Challenge

This week Kristal at Getting Cricky really wrote an inspiring blog post to accompany her Simply Sunday challenge. If you are not a follower of hers you should head over and check it out. Kristal always inspires me to not only be a better crafter but also, and much more importantly, to be a better person.
I am still trying to get the hang of doing some simpler cards. I am just now getting to the point where I have enough confidence to send a card to someone that I do not know i.e. shareacard etc. I get so caught up in making something elaborate that I either only do one or often none at all. So really trying to pay attention to others work and try some things that would make my cards a bit simpler to make but also to convey that they were made with love.
This week the challenge was to use pen somewhere on the project. That is an easy one for me as I rarely make a card without using the pens in my cricut. I have seen cards where they mounted two different papers on a card and made it work so that was the technique I wanted to use. So here is what I came up with.

The papers are from the first smaller paper pad I have ever bought. I really like having these smaller pads so thinking that I will end up with some more in the near future.

Paper from Martha Stewart mat pad brights
The sentiment was drawn on with my Cricut using Amy Chomas gel pens and MTC
The font is brush script mt
The butterflies I bought yesterday at Hobby Lobby on sale so I knew they MUST go on my next card. They are Paper Studio bubble- a- bilities.
The ribbon is also from Hobby Lobby.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog.
Remember that today is only going to be here once so LIVE IT.
hugs, Brenda

10 comments:

  1. Great job Brenda. I love all your creations and this one is no exception. Great take on the Penned challenge.
    Hugs
    Brenda Getting Cricky DTM
    http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work Brenda, and the end message. Those butterflies look great! The font looks great. I have Brush script and have never cut or drawn with it, but I will be giving it a go now I have seen this. Love all the colours. Chloe - Getting Cricky Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute I love it.. I love the way the font came out!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Kathy
    GCDTM
    http://scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bren
    Great card, it doesn't look so simple though. LOLs
    Thanks for playing along with us this week.
    Becka
    Getting Cricky DTM
    www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the bright colors. This is great!

    Rebecca
    Getting Cricky DTM
    craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Simple and elegant- you nailed it!
    Thanks for linking up with Getting Cricky this week!

    JulieK-Getting Cricky DTM
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, love all the colors. Great job! Good Luck!
    Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
    Hugs :),
    Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brynn,
    You did a fabulous job on your card! You should never be ashamed to send out something you took the time to make :) Love the colors on this card!Thanks for joining us at Getting Cricky this week :)
    ~Hugs~
    Becky- Getting Cricky DTM
    www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome that you used Amy's pens too Bren! woohooo!
    this card is so bright and cheery--your cards are so cute and you should be proud of them!

    Thanks for playing along in my Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew
    www.gettingcricky.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, WOW, did those butterflies catch my eye!! I see why you had to use them on your card!! Your card is really beautiful...

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete

Have a Blessed Day.