Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Scrappy Friends challenge

  I love this group of challenges and have not been able to do it in quite awhile. So happy to be feeling up to scrapping again! This month for the triple challenge Rochelle Spears challenge is to use a PL card or a journaling card.
GrandDiva's Creative Corner gives a choice of 3 sketches so you can choose how many photos you want to use. Here are the 3 fantastic sketches.
And Creative Paper and More  gave us this beautiful mood board to work with
I chose a journaling card, sketch with 1 photo and I was inspired by the paper with words and the range of colors of the mood board.
  I just got my first ever kit from the Scraproom. I have never purchased a kit as I was afraid it would be to limiting for me. I am getting ready to move my mother into my house so in anticipation of having MUCH less time to mull over layouts I am trying some different things to help to speed up my process. A friend of mine shared this kit with me and when I found that it had some Bo Bunny Believe in it I was sold. I have the 6x6 pad and was so excited to get some 12x12 to go with it. So here is my first layout using this fantastic kit.

     Don't you just love the colors! I dug through my stash and got some vellum.I backed the picture in it punched it embossed it and glittered it!! The flower die is a spellbinders, it was  the first one I ever bought and I have not used it in so long.
 The tags and butterflies are Paper Smooches dies. The ribbon is one of my favorites and I have had it forever.


The title is Heidi Swapp.This is truly a old and new layout.
 Here  is a shot that shows the journaling card. I used it for hidden journaling to write a note for Olivia.

 So here is my take away. Having a kit with paper and embellies as a jumping off spot truly did make this go together very quickly.The experiment was a success! I can't wait to use more of the kit. I am packing up some photos and more of the kit to take to work today (for my breaks)We will see how it goes!
Thank you so much for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me. I hope that you will check out the Scrappy Friends challenge and the Scraproom and find some inspiration.
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Awesome layout and great take on all 3 challenges. Such fun, bright colors too! Don't forget to mention what you are inspired by for the mood board challenge. Thanks so much for joining the Scrappy Friends! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a Blessed Day.