Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Whew , Glad this is off my desk!

  This 2 page layout has really been difficult for me. I had certain parameters to work around and I just could not make it work. My husband recently went on an 8 day business trip to Switzerland.   Two of his best buds from work went with him. They had  ton of fun .All the pictures are pictures that my non photographer husband took with his iphone and sent me during the week. I wanted to incorporate as many as I could and the sketch at Lets Scrap Sketches helped me with that. Also I wanted to keep it masculine and the main embellishments had to be my very broken goose egg. In one of the photos is a market stand. Jeff knew that I would love to see the sidewalk market and did not realize that the picture had an Easter tree in it. so this one had to included. He bought me two handpainted Easter eggs for our Easter tree while there and the big goose egg did not make it home. I was determined to scrap the trip and have the embellies be parts of the goose egg.Jeff was heartbroken that it did not make it so I wanted to showcase it and preserve it the best I could. I am very relieved to call this one done and get to move on! I hope he likes it!
 Here is the sketch
Here is my take

I originally wanted to sprinkle around pieces of the goose egg but it was not pleasing me so I decided to make some round embellies using the pieces. I was very pleased with how they turned out. They got to Olten on Sunday morning and Jeff said that all the churches were ringing their bells. Kind of a dueling church bells. He said it was amazing. Here in the US we don't hear church bells much anymore. So churches had to be the focal point. Jeff loves the food so had to sprinkle that in too.
The journaling is hidden on one of the tags.
 I am also entering this in the Mystic Mountain challenge at Lasting Memories 
going to link up at Paper Issues   for their Prints Charming link up party. 


 Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me. I so love sharing with you.
Brenda


9 comments:

  1. Your non photographic husband did a great job getting pictures and you did an amazing job with your layouts. love that you used the pieces of the egg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - the goose egg embellishments are very unusual and inventive. Thanks for linking up at Lets scrap and Lasting memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wonderful photos! Indeed the churches are just amazing! Love that use of the map paper!
    Thanks for playing at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout! Looks like a great trip!! Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great to have these pictures. They are fantastic and so glad you used the sketch at "Let's Scrap"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful trip and how nice that your hubby made sure there were lots of photos for you too. The church bells are wonderful to hear. Love that you tried to use the goose egg.. they look great.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Scrap Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful page of a wonderful trip ! Well he did great with the photo's, tell him, lol. Love the background paper. Thanks for playing at Let's scrap !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch for Let's SCrap and for the Lasting Memories Challenge. The map paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow the layout is gorgeous! Looks like a wonderful place to see and visit. thanks for joining us over at Lasting Memories
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete

Have a Blessed Day.