Sunday, January 12, 2014

Another challenge down....on a slow roll!

  I am slowly getting myself back onto the scrapbooking wagon. Geez, when I fall off I take all my mojo into the abyss with me. But this is the second layout this year so I am struggling to slowing pull myself out.
  This layout was inspired by this sketch at Stuck on U sketches.




And here is my layout,


Skyler is going through a stage where he puts on the most "pasted on" smile ever whenever the camera comes out. this year when they went to see Santa Neal has started to mimic it..... Adrienne said about this picture"This was as good as we were going to get." But aren't they totally adorable with their big fake smiles!
     I love this paper. It was in the haul that was recently gifted me. I was so hoping that the embossing would pop and I used Stampin Up pastels to do the trick.  I am sad because you can not see how wonderful the blue circles are. I embossed, then inked, then used dazzling diamonds glimmer mist...I promise you it looks like glistening snow... I am also adding this to the button challenge at Scappin n Chattin.
 Thanks for taking the time to visit me.
I hope somewhere you find some inspiration to scrap your memories today!
Brenda


6 comments:

  1. I love the photo. I got my sons to pose with Santa too and my older son had that same type of a smile and the younger one wouldn't even look at the camera.
    You did a great job interpreting the sketch. I like how you wrote along the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Christmas layout. Simply adorable. Thanks for joining us at SOUS.
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  3. When your blog came up my first thought was...it's been awhile!
    Now I know you'd fallen into that scrappy pit! Well I couldn't be happier that you are working your way out and that you've come back to share this with us. Over the holidays I didn't create much for layouts but now that I am back into it, I can't believe I felt like I didn't want to...just saying that sometimes the best way is just to GO! =)
    Great page and great come back!

    Hugs! ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout with good colors and and a super pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch Brenda, loving the huge snowflake at the bottom, and the embossed circles. Great photo too - boys will be boys! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi fab take on the sketch, love the photo too, many thanks for joining in with us at sous

    ReplyDelete

Have a Blessed Day.