Sunday, March 6, 2016

Scrapping the hard things....

 On Dr Suess day my niece posted this picture of my brother with the quote "Sometimes you never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory" I had never seen this picture.... so it was a little hard to swallow. I still can not believe he has been gone 16 years. So I decided to grab this photo off facebook and  keep it where I can love it. Robbie loved his girls more than anything and this picture truly captures that for me.
I used sketch number #187 from Sketches in Thyme

 I really love this sketch. I had a bit of a hard time with the layering and felt that my end product was a bit one dimensional. I love the look and think I will really do some digging and see if I can't improve on the next one.
Here is my layout.
Everything except for the brown wire and the little embellie that says "with great love" came from the Jack and Jill collection by Echo Park. So it went together quickly.
  I really appreciate you taking a moment to share in my messy life. I hope today brings you many reasons to smile.
Brenda

7 comments:

  1. A really wonderful layout. Your quote is so true. Thank you for joining us at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda - this is a beautiful layout! I always struggle with lots of layers, but have been trying to work on that as well. I think your layers look great! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet photo and tribute to your brother. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely layout and memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo, the layering looks smashing.
    Thanks for taking the time to join us at Sketches in Thyme.
    ~Helen~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how it turned out. Not one dimensional at all! Thanks for playing along at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Blessed Day.